Per person sharing per night
The lodge offers Big 5 game drives in the early morning and late afternoon/evening to ensure game viewing when the animals are most active. Nocturnal animals, including the big cats, are regular sightings at night.
Currently, there are over 40 mammal species in the Timbavati including the Big 5 of lion, leopard, rhino, buffalo and elephant as well as 360 species of bird life.
- Early morning tea/coffee overlooking the river on the deck
- Game drive (approx 3+ hours) including a coffee/tea stop in the bush
- Mid-morning breakfast/brunch on the dining deck
- Time at leisure (use of the swimming pool, books and board games on offer, relax in the lounge area and use the free Wi-Fi, cocktails on the deck or take a look around our well-stocked curio shop)
- Afternoon high tea (combination of high tea & Lunch) on the dining deck
- Afternoon/evening game drive (approx 3+ hours). With a sundowners stop in the bush
- Dinner on the deck or sometimes around the fire in the open air boma (weather permitting)
Dining At Simbavati River Lodge
- Enjoy an early morning cup of coffee/tea with rusks before embarking on the game drive. After the morning game drive, breakfast is served outside on the wooden deck.
- A light lunch is served just before the afternoon game drive.
- Dinner is a festive event which is alternatively served around the campfire in the open-air boma or in the thatched dining area.
- Dinner consists of an African and Western cuisine with exciting tastes for the more adventurous as well as various conventional options.
- The bar caters for alcoholic beverages and also includes a wide selection of fine South African wines.
- Special dietary requirements will be catered for subject to prior notification (as the nearest shops are over one hours’ drive away).